So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to bring my St. Paul Porter to the secondary for a week or 10 days, and later the same night cook my APA kit and set it in the primary for fermenting. Will have a couple of 420's to sample during the labor (of love!)...

Gonna be a FINE weekend!!

I'll be brewing Lord Howard's Foreign Extra Stout on Saturday... been looking forward to this one for quite a while!

Did 2 brews last weekend and didn't get a chance to do the kiwi IPA, so that will be tmorrow. Finally a day in the mid 60's, I am ready for summer!

Brewing today. Northern Brewers RyePA. Follow the live tweets at #RyePA if you are bored! First time brewing on my SP10, first time brewing outside in snow, and brewing up my last extract kit.

Started a gallon batch of apfelwein yesterday. Bottling a cream ale tomorrow morning and brewing midwest's black dog ale tomorrow afternoon. Plan on throwing some jalapeños in it. (Suggestions/experiences welcome)

I will be brewing the 15 minute cascade pale ale this weekend. Just in time for it to be 1 week in the bottles for Easter, I know not the best time to be drinking, but at least it will be fresh!

Just Mashed in my Southern Pecan Mild. First Time trying it, so we will see how it goes. It's a lower ABV take off on Lazy Magnoila's Southern Pecan Ale

Attempting my first all grain on Sunday if all goes as planned. A cream ale recipe I put together myself by looking at a few commercial clones and dabbling with Beersmith2.

I hadn't been able to brew for two weeks because of the crazy Midwest weather so I was suffering from :mug:what some would call "withdrawls". Luckily the weather was nice enough today so I shoveled the ~10 inches of snow left on my back patio so I could brew. I brewed a pale ale with maris otter and magnum/falconer's flight. I gotta say...It felt good! I got my fix for this week at least.

Decided I will brew this weekend will use my 2 gal fermenter Ive put away since getting the 3 gallon carboy which is in use with an Amarillo IPA ,the Timothy Landlord inspired beer its going to be.. Its going to be a breeze to BIAB 2ish pounds of grain.

Brewing a 2-Row/Glacier SMaSH for a club project. I think we'll have roughly 8 SMaSH beers to sample, all with distinct malts and hops. Should be cool.

I'll be adding my last dry hop addition yo my dfh 90 minute clone and making a clone recipe of Moonlight Meadery's Desire.

Brewed two gluten free test batches tonight, 2.5 gallons each of a mild and a blonde. SWMBO is the one allergic to gluten so she will pick the one she likes best and that'll be the one I make in larger quantities. Or if neither suits her tastes, more test batches will come.

Bottled a rye ipa tonight to use the yeast for my first original recipe which I brewed today. One other batch to dry hop next week.... I think i'm finally making 'em as fast as i'm drinking 'em, gotta keep this pipeline going!

Bottling an English Brown on Saturday (all growlers and bombers), then brewing an IPA on Sunday. Can't stand an empty carboy. Cheers!

Brewing up a Schwarz - Weizen tomorrow.

Doesn't really have a style but me and my old man enjoyed a few of these last year we really enjoyed them. Especially my dad, so this one's for him!

Any input on recipe would be helpful too if there's any out there.

6# White Wheat (60%)
2# 2-Row (19%)
1# Munich (10%)
13oz Carafa II (8%)
8oz Flaked Wheat (5%)

1oz Hallertau 60min

3333 - German Wheat

OG 1.052
FG 1.014
27 SRM
15.3 IBU
Mash: 154

Just mashed in the rochefort 8 clone I was supposed to do last weekend. Went to the lhbs to grab citra hops for an ipa, but they were sold out.

Just mashed in the rochefort 8 clone I was supposed to do last weekend. Went to the lhbs to grab citra hops for an ipa, but they were sold out.

I'm drinking my Dundalk Heavy right now. It's a little dark because I went a little crazy in the grain room at my LHBS.

Done! I just threw my Dale's Pale Ale in the fermenter at 1.065. See you in three weeks!

I have the dundalk sitting in a fermenter now, its hit 1.012 and is mighty tasty flat and warm.

Putting on a Pale Ale as soon as my Porter is bottled. Will buy some small, spicy peppers soon to place in the bottles when the APA gets bottled in 2 weeks. Can't wait to check them both but especially the chili beer!

May try either some habenero or tobasco in it, or half n half... Hmmmmmm!

I've made mead so often lately that I realize I haven't brewed since October. I've decided to fix that tomorrow! There was a Raging B*tch clone posted that I have to try. Love that beer.

I'm going to try Palmer's recipe for Big Basin Amber Ale. Only issue I ran into is I couldn't get any crystal 90. Going to try running 3/4 lb. of crystal 120 instead and see how it turn out. I know it will be good to drink but suspect it will be a little dark and get a tad more raisin flavor than his recipe would produce.

I've made mead so often lately that I realize I haven't brewed since October. I've decided to fix that tomorrow! There was a Raging B*tch clone posted that I have to try. Love that beer.

Care to share? I haven't bee able to find Raging B!tch since I moved and it's one of my all time favorite beers.

No brewing for me. I realized I have about 25 gallons in fermenters and every box of bottles I opened needed to be delabeled, cleaned, and sanitized...I'll give y'all three guesses as to what I was doing all day, and the first two don't count! I actually kinda like bottling, but I FU¢πING HATE soaking and scrubbing bottles!

Brewing up a chocolate stout this morning!

756c9406898411e29ecd22000aaa08de_7.jpg

Decided to do a last minute double header weekend since SWMBO was nice enough to wash the pots and get water going while i went to pick up grain.

Latest posts

Back