Growth on bottom of carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaaron91

Reaction score
So this is probably just part of the yeast growth, but this being my first batch ever its all still a bit new to me, so just looking for some confirmation!

Also, the fridge we're fermenting in was reading at 65F, and the fermometer is reading about 64F: this is a bit cool for fermentation, no? Turned the controller back up a full click.

Cheers

photo.jpg

You've got your first fermentation temperature controlled? You are awesome. Yep that's yeast. Temperature depends on what the yeast likes. The cooler, the more 'clean' your beer with be of yeast tastes. Which is sometimes desirable.

Haha yeah my dad and I wanted to do it right the first time and spend less time having to throw out crappy beer! Hopefully he'll let me take the thermostat back to school too!

Yeast and trub. Sanitation and temperature control go a long way. I just recently started controlling temperature and that is after 15-20 batches. Good job! At this rate you'll be doing all grain in a brew sculpture by your 5th batch

... throw out crappy beer!

You'd have to really screw it up to make so bad that I would throw it out. Many of the mistakes you could make will only bring your beer down to "OK."

I have a beer that is very cidery. I'll drink it, but I won't share it with my friends.

Latest posts

Back