First Bottling Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmorr86

Reaction score
Lotta work! Fun to get it done though. Ended up with 46 bottles of brown ale total. Still had some at the bottom of the carboy when I racked to the bottling bucket but i didn't want it to be too mixed up with the trub.

Don't know how long it took but once I was done I cleaned and sanitized the carboy and decided to rack over my honey amber ale into the secondary. Leaves me with an empty primary :mug:

I go to Vegas next week so looking to take my first sample of the brown ale when i get back!

Congrats on getting the first brew bottled. It is alot of work but there are ways to make it easier. Clean the bottles as you go, sanitize them the night before and cover, and get a bottle tree + vinator. Also try different methods and just find out what system works best for you.

Remember too that you beer may taste a little "green" even after 2 weeks in the bottle. I find it takes at least 3 weeks for the flavor to fully develop.

Have fun in Vegas and get that primary filled asap!

A lot of people here think that bottling is a lot of work. Personally, I've never found that to be the case. I can bottle a batch in about an hour and a quarter, from pulling everything out, to everything cleaned and put away.

I got a lot of info from this thread. Try some of those tips and find what works for you!

Back