• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: 2 lbs of my hops for your 1 lb of Cascade or Centennial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
*** EDIT: a trade has been arranged so i'm all set - thanks to everyone who offered to help me out! ***

i've been asked to brew a few batches of "classic american IPA" for my buddy's bachelor party so i need some cascade and/or centennial. SWMBO has said no more hops buying since i just got 5 lbs from Hops Direct (in part to retaliate against my banning of one of her planned purchase... a long story). i really wish my buddy would have put his request before my HD order, dammit.

so trading is my only option, it seems, to preserve the peace. i would be willing to trade 2 lbs of my recently purchased hops for your 1 pound of cascade or centennial. the hops i have to offer are:

A) Millenium (16.7% AA, leaf, 2011 crop, "Bittering hop with a mild herbal aroma")​

and your choice of:

B1) Glacier (5.6%, pellets, "Dual Purpose, pleasant aroma of citrus mixed with sweet fruity of pear or apricot. Pleasant hoppiness.")
*or*
B2) Legacy (7.8% AA, leaf, 2011 crop, "Dual purpose hop, with a clean grapefruit, floral, blackcurrant and spicy aroma")​

(i.e. you will receive the pound of Millenium along with your choice of the Glacier or the Legacy)

all my hops are sealed in their original mylar packages - AKA in the same state as when i received them. they have been sitting my in freezer since i got them. your pound of C's should likewise be new, still sealed and in like-new condition.

if you can help me out, and want to double your hops, please PM me. thanks!

Hmm, this is interesting. I have a pound of each, leaf, bought at the end of last year (so either 2010 or early 2011 crop), still in their HopUnion packaging and kept in my -5F chest freezer from the day I got them.

I was originally going to trade for pellet hops as leaf hops are a pain to deal with for me sometimes. Trying new varieties could be interesting though. You don't happen to have those in pellet so I don't end up with more leaf hops do you? Or other pellet varieties you'd be willing to trade?

Back