Auto Siphon Clip?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
I didn't see anything in the project locator and the search function is apparently beyond my ability to use properly so I'm hoping someone's got a quick solution.

Has anyone come up with a simple DIY clip for the auto siphon?

Neomich said:
I didn't see anything in the project locator and the search function is apparently beyond my ability to use properly so I'm hoping someone's got a quick solution.

Has anyone come up with a simple DIY clip for the auto siphon?

How about a rubberband and a laundry clothespin?

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, not much of a DIY type yet.

I'm assuming you mean secure the clothespin clip to the autosipon using the rubberband and just clip it to the top of the bucket? Seems like it would work if I'm picturing it correctly in my head.

I've got some large binder clips here at work that should function in that manner..........

Yup, that's the idea. In fact, you don't even have to work the rubberband down the length of the autosiphon tube. Catch the loop on the clip first, run it around the siphon tube once or as many times as it takes to make up the slack, then catch it on the clip again. A binder clip would work too but don't scratch up your bucket too much. I was thinking of the clothes pin because it's got a deeper bite and you can use two rubberbands to keep the siphon from trying to pivot from the clip. You'll see what I mean when you try it.

Alright, sounds like an easy solution. I think I was trying to 'over engineer' something in my head.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back