DIY Taster Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after having several friends come over to taste my homebrew and scrambling around to find some taster glasses, I decided to get a taster tray. Although there are some decent ones available online, I chose to build one from scratch.

Here is a list of the parts:

6x 4oz dessert glasses
2x cabinet handles
4x 1" spacers
4x 2 1/2" 8/32 cabinet screws
1x 4"x1"x3' piece of oak

Total price ~15$

To build the tray, I first cut the piece of oak in half, then drilled 6x 2" holes in one half of the piece of oak, then drilled holes for the cabinet handles. After sanding everything down and ensuring it fit together, I stained it for a professional look.

Here are some pictures:
taster-tray-1-57761.jpeg

taster-tray-2-57762.jpeg

taster-tray-3-57763.jpegl

taster-tray-4-57764.jpeg

taster-tray-5-57765.jpeg

Cheers!

That is a great idea, I have build something like this. I'm tired of people asking "which one is good?" then I say, "take a small taste of each" just to have them take a full pour of barley wine and then since they've never had a beer that strong they want to dump it out....:mad:

Taster glasses will hopefully solve that problem.....

doc5md said:
Nice job. I really like it. Especially since the glasses can't tip off it. Where did you find the glasses?

I found them at Ross, haven't checked the dollar store but I'm sure they have something.

Back