Looking for a great Brown Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minjin

Reaction score
I have made Biermunchers Aberdeen Ale and really liked it but i want something with a little more punch. Looking for a recipe thats 6 to 7%ABV.
American brown or english brown doesn't matter. I have about 30# of pale two row on hand so would like something that uses that.

Minjin said:
I have made Biermunchers Aberdeen Ale and really liked it but i want something with a little more punch. Looking for a recipe thats 6 to 7%ABV.
American brown or english brown doesn't matter. I have about 30# of pale two row on hand so would like something that uses that.

Search for Mike "Tasty" McDole's "Janet's Brown" recipe. A killer American brown ale.

try the can you brew it recipe for moose drool,add more base gran to up the abv.
I brew this recipe on a regular basis and it always gets good reviews.

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. It's a great beer that is similar to Janet's Brown. I've made a clone that came pretty close.

Avery "Ellies Brown" is my favorite American Brown out there.
You can find the clone for it pretty easily.

Legend brown ale. This is a clone for a local beer from richmond, va. Tasty enough to drink straight out of the fermenter...ask me how i know haha. Cheers.

(5-gallon, all-grain)
10.5lbs Maris Otter 2-row
1lb 60L crystal malt
0.25lb chocolate malt (412 SRM)
0.25lb cara-munich malt (56 SRM)

1oz Tettnanger (5.2%AA, 60 min)
1oz Mt. Hood (4.0%AA, 60 min)

Wyeast #1098 British Ale yeast (125ml smack-pack with no starter)

90min mash at 152F
60min boil

OG was 1.056 (was aiming for 1.060)

Fermented a little high at 72F.

Back