A Question About Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
I am a relatively new brewer (about to start my 7th batch later this week) and have a question about water. I use IceMountain spring water, and am slightly concerned with the ph level. According to their website, the ph is anywhere from 5.58 - 8.05. I recently placed an order for upplies for my next batch, and ordered ph papers also. I am curious if anyone else uses IceMountain Spring water, and what their successes or problems have been.

You shouldn't have a problem with the pH, especially if you're not doing all-grain.

As Laurel said pH is important only for all grain brewers and it is the pH of the hot mash that is critical, not the pH of your water.

GT

Thanks for the responses. This batch is going to be my first partial mash, and I have been worried about an almost iodine-like off taste that I have noticed in my last couple of batches (although no one else has complained about it), and thought that it might be a ph problem.

Latest posts

Back