Humorous homebrew names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPoling7

Reaction score
Hey all, I was thinking today about naming my beers humorously after figures in pop culture and mentioning reasons why. A guy I work with came up with the Barack Obama stout because it doesn't keep its promises and when you drink it you ask yourself "what the heck is going on here?". Thought that was funny (even though I dont identify with any political party. I just drink beer.) I thought I'd post the idea on here to see what you guys could come up with.

So many good ones out there! In honor of "Oberon" (from Bells), I named my first clone attempt "Oberrated". Named a Belgian Dark Strong "Belgian Blackout" due to its potent 9.5% abv...

Hahaha I like these, they're great. But I was moreso thinking about using figures from pop culture, like Nicki Minaj or JFK, or the pope, etc.

Named a Hefe that had a crazy fermentation Jizzmaster Zero, It was the 1st beer that I had make a mess of the airlock and thus force me to use a blowoff tube

My last PM before going all grain was a Belgian Brown Ale. Well when cleaning the bottles, I found a huge wolf spider dead inside a bottle that was stored in my basement for a while. This friggin thing looked like a dead tarantula. So the name of that beer became Belgian Brown Spider Ale.

I just recently brewed a Red IPA and have settled on the name, "The Red Scare" previous names: "The Stalin McCarthy Party" "Crimson Abomination" or even a messed up one, Andrew Jackson's Trail of Beers IPA

Hydra - the many headed beast - a Bohemian Pilsner that had too much carapils in it (because I messed up some math) - too much head retention
Vesuvius - a robust porter that had an active fermentation and blew the top off my fermentation bucket

I just bottled an English IPA I called Peccavi; history buffs might just get the joke.

Other name's I've used include Pale Ass ESB (again, paleontologists and S.J. Gould readers may get this one), Tax Panic Bitter (for a pale ale brewed on April 15th), Reredorter Porter, Carburetor Doppelbock, Have-A-Heart Trappist, Midnight Oil Stout, and two saisons, Saison of the Witch and Saisons in the Sun. I have yet to brew Fear and Loathing Lite, Delta Dort, or Newton Pulsifer Southern Brown Ale.

My first A/G was Two Hearted clone. It was also my first BIAB, first time harvesting bottle dregs, first yeast starter, first batch with pump and plate chiller, and first dry hopping. I named it Who Farted because I really wasn't sure if it was going to taste like $h!t or what. Came out decent.

I named my Oktoberfest "if things go well I might be showing her my O-Fest"

You know what I'm talking about :D

I named my dry Irish stout "Theresa's Fury".
Because that's what I had to endure after 2 boil overs in the kitchen and then the next morning we awoke to the lid exploding of the fermentation bucket that was on my kitchen table. There was krousen everywhere, even on the ceiling.

Haven't been brewing for very long, but all my beers are called Dickhole something, because it's an endlessly amusing word to me.

Dickholeweizen
Dickhole Nut Brown
Dickhole Smoke (for a smoked porter.)
Dickhole Skin Graff (for the Graff recipe from this forum that I'm going to try next.)

It just makes everything sound wrong. The beer's been good, though!

I named my black pseudo lager "Pork Soda",since it has some rauchmalt in it. People say German rauchbeirs taste like liquid bacon,hence the first name that came to mind...

I named my first beer.it was ...a Belgium triple. Triple hazzard. ... due to the high abv. It would make u trip and fall if you had to many

"Apfelwein...(aka Panty Dropper)"

While I doubt this counts, I am led to believe that the usual term for sack mead among SCAdians is 'Liquid Panty Remover'... of course, there are also several mixed drinks of the same name.

(And now I have the urge to re-read Jay Naylor's "The Fall of Red Riding Hood", what with the whole 'cottonwine' thing in it... but I get really strange, sometimes.)

Named my Stout, El Guapo Negro, El Guapo is the bad guy from the movie the 3 Amigo's for anyone that didn't know, and since its a stout=Negro

My Translation is "The Handsome Black One"

Cheers :D

I've always wanted to make a "Chim-a-ney Red" after a line in a Tom Waits song. ("Never could stand that dog.")

None More Black stout because, how much more black could this be?

Can't take credit for this one, but "May The Schwartzbier With You" a la Spaceballs.

I've got Night Moves, which is a black IPA.

I had one i named "Joey Porter" because it was a very robust porter.

and then a Rumpelstiltskin which was a Russian imperial stout.

Leprechaun Killer.....

Leprechaun Killer Label.jpg

So I've been trying to come up with some Nerdy beer names.
Death Starr- a star anise flavored imperial stout
Dagobah- an Oatmeal stout with chocolate and mint notes...mmmm swampy
T.A.R.D.I.S- A blueberry juice fortified barleywine
Pan galactic gargle blaster- a strong lemony beer(maybe a shandy?) with gold leaf floateys or maybe a shot of goldshlager like a carbomb
Brown coat- a Flemish sour brown
Hello kitty- a cherry rice lager

So I've been trying to come up with some Nerdy beer names.
Death Starr- a star anise flavored imperial stout
Dagobah- an Oatmeal stout with chocolate and mint notes...mmmm swampy
T.A.R.D.I.S- A blueberry juice fortified barleywine
Pan galactic gargle blaster- a strong lemony beer(maybe a shandy?) with gold leaf floateys or maybe a shot of goldshlager like a carbomb
Brown coat- a Flemish sour brown
Hello kitty- a cherry rice lager

make a raspberry wheat and name it lonestar

"There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry"

I made a vanilla cream ale called "vanilla's brand new invention" and a black IPA called "head hop" (if you get that one). I'm probably going to make a black IIPA and name it something like "Mandingo's black mamba" not sure what yet....but you get the idea.

My buddy said I should call it "snoop lion's IIPA" and have the caption be "a beer so black it will steal your thirst" so wrong, yet so funny.

Back