Keg Line Stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Ok, I'm still a bit of a newb with my kegging system and have a question. I have an IPA I just put into the keg and did a force carb on it Friday. I was picking up some crud (dry hop pellets :( ) when I transfered it into the keg. So tonight I try and draw a taste test out and it starts to pour ok, then basically stopped/pisses out now. I got a two tap system so flipped the lines and it follows the IPA keg. I tested the pressure release valve and have lots of pressure. I figure I got crap in the out line/poppet eh?

I suspect I depressurize the keg and unscrew ball valve and clean everything out. Don't think I need to clean out the faucet since it poured fine with the other keg? Anything else to share besides stop dry hopping with pellets in the future?!?!

Put one of these on the outlet dip tube surescreen I'll never keg a blackerry cider again without one!

For now, depressurize a little & stick the gas line on the outlet. Give it a shot of CO2 to blow the dip tube clear.

david_42 said:
Put one of these on the outlet dip tube surescreen I'll never keg a blackerry cider again without one!

For now, depressurize a little & stick the gas line on the outlet. Give it a shot of CO2 to blow the dip tube clear.

Ahh, brilliant! And I'll look into that surescreen as well. Thanks.

Back