Help with water report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CUBrewing

Reaction score
So I want to start adjusting my water chemistry each brew. I got ward labs homebrew test and I got the results and I dont really know what to do with them so im hoping someone can help. I would love to know what styles of beer would work well without any adjustments and maybe what basic things i could do to improve the water for a lighter beer and darker beer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 10.17.13.1.pdf

You have water that most brewers dream of: RO water without having an RO system. As such it will need mineral and acid supplements for most beers (with the rest requiring alkali) but as you have to supplement for any beer you brew you can brew any beer you want with this water as long as you supply the right minerals/acid(s). To get started you can try the recommendations of the Primer at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f128/brewing-water-chemistry-primer-198460/ and, if the water bug bites you, move on from there.

We'll that's good I have a good base. I'll start with the primer and see where it takes me. Thanks so much for the info

If you don't mind me asking, which analysis did you request and how much did that cost? I need to get a good water report to know where I stand with my Michigan well water.

I got mine from ward labs. Just go on their site and you can select a home brewers test kit. And they send you a vial and a return label. Fill it up, mail it back and in a couple of days they email the results. It was 40 bucks but I think it was well worth it.

Latest posts

Back