Keezer Teaser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lombard

Reaction score
So, I've been tinkering for well over a year. Taking a long weekend, so I'm going to make a push to finish it...

Keezer_Teaser.jpg

Birch ply for the skin. All the rails and stiles are pine, actually. Haven't really decided on the stain color yet. As for the backsplash area, drip tray area, and top; I was going to go for solid surface counter top material, but that crap's expensive. Going to try my hand at a marble like faux finish on 1/2" MDF for now.

That looks amazing but how the hell do you load it... crane?

Thinking about putting in an overhead crane, yes. But in the real world, it's all a matter of lifting like a man. 1/6 barrel corney's actually aren't that bad. In the long long ago, I had two taps on this one. Lifting corney's over the top isn't all that bad. For commercial 1/4 and 1/2 barrel kegs, I'm planning a front loader.

That looks really cool. I like the way it comes out in the front. I hope you have more pictures of the build!

Well, the staining and poly is complete. Also painted the backsplash, top and drip tray area. I'm not sure I care for it. Painted it with black hammered metal finish. Overall, it looks gray and too, I don't know, soviet. Gray, bland, and industrial. Thinking I need to switch to more of a copper hammered finish....

Thoughts?

rev1.jpg

Back