Pin lock kegs price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelob6

Reaction score
Question: Is $40 too much to pay for a used pin lock reconditioned with new O rings? I have a line on some and don't want to pay too much. Thanks

That's not a great price but it is a good price. A buddy bought 2 pin locks that came out to $50.00 each shipped and had to replace the "O" rings at $5.00 per and he is one that will research the he11 out of a purchase. So you would be doing OK.

$40 is a reseanable price. Probably won't find a better price anywhere else. I would recommend getting a ball lock keg though. They are smaller in diameter but taller and have a built in pressure relief valve which is key. It might not matter to you, but just incase. I wish I would have gotten ball lock kegs when I first bought my kegs. I currently have 2 pin locks and 1 ball lock.

I agree with PA (should be Steelers, fan but ok). We currently have 8 ball lock and 2 pins. It is a pain having both styles and needing different sets of equipment for each. If you do go with pins there are replacement lids with manual reliefs but can be kind of pricey.

Another question, I just picked up 3 cornelius- spartan kegs. They appear to be in brand new shape if not used once. Not a single dent or scratch on these. But they have a plastic lid with pressure relief. Should I worry about the tops and replacement e them or just roll with them?

Back