What sugar for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertandrews

Reaction score
Damn. I was all set to bottle today, but I just realised I'm out of spray malt light.
Can any household sugars be used for bottling (priming/carbonation)? I've read most veterans say steer well clear.

Don't think the brew shop is one tomorrow (Sunday).

Hmm, cane? I have Silver Spoon granulated sugar, I think that's the same, right? Maybe it was during boiling that people advise against using cane?

So how much of this sugar should I use for 12 litres of beer, in 24 500ml bottles? It's durrentlymina 25 litre plastic fermenter. It's a mix of extra dark grain, Maris otter grain and spray malt light.

I used to use corn sugar but lately I have been using cane sugar. Provides a different bubble which I tend to like better. Also I can buy a huge bag of it for fairly cheap.

Hmm, cane? I have Silver Spoon granulated sugar, I think that's the same, right? Maybe it was during boiling that people advise against using cane?

So how much of this sugar should I use for 12 litres of beer, in 24 500ml bottles? It's durrentlymina 25 litre plastic fermenter. It's a mix of extra dark grain, Maris otter grain and spray malt light.

Table sugar is fine, here's a calculator:
http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

Latest posts

Back