Danby DAR482BLS Temp Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cejacobs

Reaction score
Anyone with an Danby DAR482BLS conversion having problems maintaining a cool enough temp? I've got two corny kegs and a 5lb tank in there and can't break 40 degrees. I'm still getting pretty heavy foam while pouring, so I'm looking to drop the temps a few degrees. I did the project box mod to push air up into the tower and that seemed to help a bit but still having the issue.

40F should be an ok temp. How long are your liquid lines? you may need to try longer liquid lines to balance it out. And what CO2 pressure are you set for?

The tower came with 5' of 3/16" ID lines with maybe a couple inches cut off when i switched to fit a corny keg from the hex nut connectors. PSI has been at 12 for an APA i brewed.

I know I had an issue like and it turned out it was a simple fix.

Any chance you cut the inside of the door out? If so, the interior light may NOT be turning off now, since a piece of plastic from the door was hitting the switch, and in doing so, that little light heats up the thermostat and keeps the fridge too warm.

I found this out after 4 months of fighting with foamy beer. Took the light out and foaming went away after a few days.

Back