Uh Oh...baby found the blow off top! Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjwineaux

Reaction score
So while I was out work, I get a call from the SO that the baby found my apfelwine and pulled the blow-off top off. Because of sanitation, they put it in the wash for me to deal with when I got home and just covered the hole with a baggy. I sanitized and replaced it, but it was at least 7 hrs while it was exposed to oxygen.

Sooo.....am I screwed? Is there hope? Should I do anything else to it? I tasted a bit and it's okay...would like to hold it longer and mature the flavor, but I fear that it might go south from here.

Any advice is welcomed :)

Should be alright, CO2 from the fermentation probably acted like a blanket over the top of the mixture.... unless it wasn't fermenting?

Its been a few weeks, so it wasnt very active but its still in primary if that's what you mean....

I think you better get the baby into a program. Not sure the age, but if he/she is already ripping open primaries to get to your brew, you have a problem on your hands ;)

On the other hand, I think your apfelwine will be fine.

Back