The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least we only have to wait a couple months. Breaking Bad's break is a full year. Why had a mid season break if it lasts a full year. Wouldn't that be a new season?

I agree. I know for shows like TWD its to take a break for the holiday crap and a lot of stuff doesn't come back til after the Superbowl. Its AMCs way of keeping ratings high for the show.

But I generally hate long breaks in shows. The Venture Brothers took two long breaks, they stopped mid-season for who knows why and picked up a year and a half later. Then after that season its been a year or two and it seems they have the show written but maybe didn't do it in time for Adult Swim to schedule (or maybe because the ****ing Cleveland show took its time slot). But they still had to show a Halloween special making people like me believe there's hope for a fifth season to air soon.

I think some of the good shows on secondary networks are always fighting for funding.
They get enough funding for a few shows, then the network checks out the ratings and advertising funds and funds a few more episodes.
Anyone ever watch men of a certain age on AMC?
Funny as hell, especially if you happen to be a man of that certain age ( middle aged ). They did a short season, then it went away. It came back after about a year of being gone.
It had something like three spurts of being on and I keep hoping it will return.

Lucky the walking dead got such a following or we would all be disappointed.
It's hard to survive as a weekly show if you aren't on one of the big network.

I think some of the good shows on secondary networks are always fighting for funding.
They get enough funding for a few shows, then the network checks out the ratings and advertising funds and funds a few more episodes.
Funny as hell, especially if you happen to be a man of that certain age ( middle aged ). They did a short season, then it went away. It came back after about a year of being gone.
It had something like three spurts of being on and I keep hoping it will return.

Lucky the walking dead got such a following or we would all be disappointed.
It's hard to survive as a weekly show if you aren't on one of the big network.

It's great to see what the show has become after starting as a 6 episode show. I thought it would just be a mini-series until I saw the last episode and realized there could be more seasons. I never knew it was a comic book until part way through season 2.

So back to discussion about TWD, who else really hopes Andrea dies this season? I've hated her from the start and it seems to grow constantly. The thing that annoys me most is the way she always looks like she just smelled a fart. I'm really hoping Michonne calls her out on being a leech and kills Andrea herself.

And a question for the comic-readers, a yes or no answer should suffice. Are Duane and Morgan (the black father and son Rick met in the first episode whom he tries to radio the entire first season) in the comic? And if so, does Rick meet up with them again? I feel like it's a bit of a plot hole that's never been filled. I mean you just kind of stop noticing Rick try the radio and you never hear or see anything about it again.

I predict death while killing the governor when the gang comes back to the town.

Probably when she finds out he ordered Michonne killed.
That's what I was expecting when I saw the end of the last show.
The raid on the town will probably be during whatever the governor has planned for the upcoming execution of the traitor and spy.

SPOILERS AFTER QUOTE

And a question for the comic-readers, a yes or no answer should suffice. Are Duane and Morgan (the black father and son Rick met in the first episode whom he tries to radio the entire first season) in the comic? And if so, does Rick meet up with them again? I feel like it's a bit of a plot hole that's never been filled. I mean you just kind of stop noticing Rick try the radio and you never hear or see anything about it again.

SPOILERS:

Yes, and yes.

Men of a Certain Age was on TNT and, sadly it ain't coming back. The BigHair (SWMBO) and I enjoyed that show

was killed over a year & ½ ago

more recently Andre Braugher was on another show (Last Resort, also cancelled) and Ray Romano is guest-starring on Parenthood

I actually had to fight the urge not to read it even after the large Spoiler Alert so I didn't. Wow, that was hard. Deep breaths. It will be worth it in the end.

The reason I asked was because it looked like a gaping plot hole. Now I have a little more faith in the show to fill it.

Yeah can't wait for when the father and son meet up with the group, that should be a good episode. I hope Andrea is killed by Michonne while Andrea is defending the governor.

I unfortunately don't think Andrea will die. She is that character that is built into the show/comic so that you dislike her and it would just be too satisfying to kill her off until the end of the show. Either that or she dies in some way trying to redeem herself which I could also see happening.

I unfortunately don't think Andrea will die. She is that character that is built into the show/comic so that you dislike her and it would just be too satisfying to kill her off until the end of the show. Either that or she dies in some way trying to redeem herself which I could also see happening.

Sad truth :(

This is getting ugly and wildly off topic for no good reason. Let's set up a few ground rules, not unlike HBT's overarching terms of use:

No namecalling or needless off topic bickering.

It's only natural for those familiar with the comic to draw comparisons and conclusions. If you're going to reveal events that have not yet happened in the show, please at least preface the post with SPOILER ALERT. The white text option is a nice touch, so, if able, try to use that technique in addition to posting the warning.

If anyone violates these simple guidelines, use the report post button to draw the mods' attention to the post. We probably won't make this thread a priority, but we'll (I'll) help where we (I) can. There is no need for an otherwise entertaining thread to degenerate into an argument that isn't about the show/plot itself.

It might also be nice to wait a day after the most recent episode has aired before posting details about it, just in case someone in another time zone has not yet been able to watch it. I'm not going to be so strict as to moderate such posts, though. It's just as easy avoid reading this thread if you don't want to see plot details on episodes you've yet to watch.
Read this. Heed it.

If I have to delete another inane, off topic argument, I'm simply going to close the damn thread.

I stay away from this thread until I've seen the latest episode, which 9 times out of 10 is live, otherwise we DVR and watch it on Monday. EASY to do

what Ps me O is when a FB friend posts something like, last season someone posted "RIP someone (I won't spoil it, even a year later)". and that's why they're no longer a FB friend.

difference being it takes my actions to come to this thread, so if I do it before I've seen the episode, buzz buzz, that's on me.

on FB, I have no control over what comes over my newsfeed, so I get angry when someone posts a spoiler.

and I really don't get angry if someone mentions something that happened in the comic. from what I hear, the only similarities are characters and settings.

if not for the show, we would not have Darryl EMEFFING Dixon!

and I would thank you, Yuri, but that would be :off:

It turns out that even with the best intentions, it is impossible for people to not post spoilers, even when by accident. It would seem then, for the TV spoilers it would probably be best to not worry about posting spoilers, although it would still be nice if people did. The comic spoilers are a different matter, but there is now a separate thread for the comics, so it should be problem solved, surely? :rockin:

Hopefully the comic thread sees activity. And for the record, I have no interest in arguing. We've had a great discussion going since this show started, it only recently became an issue. I'll leave it at that.

Moving on... before the events of last episode... can anyone truthfully say they would prefer the leadership of nervous breakdown Rick over somewhat impulsive Darrell?

Rick, IMO, is spiralling towards "liability"

Rick would stay the leader unless he messes up big.
The people are use to following him and I'm not sure that Darrel sees himself as a leader and I doubt that he wants to challenge Rick.

I think that Rick just defaulted to the leadership role and the whole nervous breakdown thing was understandable but now he has his groove back it seems. As for Darrel, I like him a lot now and I think being a younger sibling to an older and aggressive brother he kind of defaults to being more of a follower. Whether or not that stays the same I guess we will see but personally I like the dynamic they have now.

For you shooters out there... I realize I am more frail than Rick is... but something is off. Last time I fired a 44 (10 years ago) I had to fire it two handed to get any sort of accuracy. In fact, one handed it almost dropped out of my hand. Rick has been firing that Crowd Pleaser one handed, walking, and hitting kill shots the whole time.

Perhaps he is just a better shot than I...

CreamyGoodness said:
For you shooters out there... I realize I am more frail than Rick is... but something is off. Last time I fired a 44 (10 years ago) I had to fire it two handed to get any sort of accuracy. In fact, one handed it almost dropped out of my hand. Rick has been firing that Crowd Pleaser one handed, walking, and hitting kill shots the whole time.

Blanks have considerably less recoil

Without going into the whole accuracy argument again, I have to say I can shoot my .44 at paper targets with decent accuracy one handed. Someone said he has a .357, which would be slightly less powerful.

Fair enough. Personally, and perhaps this is just because I am built more for comfort than power, I would want something WAY smaller than a 44, big clip (or at least a 12 shot cylinder, speedloaders ready to roll), almost non-existant recoil. Headshots are... apparently... headshots... who cares if the projectile is small? I want to get the hell out of dodge, hit things running, and not wake up every walker south of the Mason-Dixon.

I have shot thousands of rounds of 44 mag. one handed.

Due to the weight of the guns, I can easily shoot a 500 smith and wesson with one hand.
I do use two hands with healthy loads in a BFR 45-70 revolver if I want to hit anything though.
The damn thing is so heavy, and it's out of balance with all that weight so I have to use two hands to control it well.

how are you supposed to look cool on TV shooting a gun two handed? Unless of course you need two hands to shoot two guns!

how are you supposed to look cool on TV shooting a gun two handed? Unless of course you need two hands to shoot two guns!

It depends. Looking cool while shooting guns on TV is a fashion of the day thing.

Personally, I'm happy to see the decline of the sideways fist grip. That one truly annoys to poo outa me!

You can only shoot two handed if you are using Car hood or a bad guy in 80s cop dramas.

Back