Natural Gas Brew Stand Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgsrfr

Reaction score
I'm just about completed 90% of my brew stand and I have a question about running natural gas instead of propane. I bought the 10 tip NG burners from Bayou Classic which take a 3/8" pipe. My house is set up for 1/2" Pipe. I want to run a quick connect to the house and a 30' 3/8" steel hose. My house has 5psi. Is this hose to long to run and get a strong burn? That is one of the only pieces I need to buy.

Thanks

brewstand.JPG

Your house actually is more likely set for 0.5 psi (close enough to 11" WC). And for that 30 foot run you'd likely do a lot better with 1/2" than 3/8"...

Chers!

day_trippr said:
Your house actually is more likely set for 0.5 psi (close enough to 11" WC). And for that 30 foot run you'd likely do a lot better with 1/2" than 3/8"...

Chers!

Yes I think your right. There is just a huge price difference between 3/8" and 1/2". Might sell the burners and go back to propane. I want to brew on my patio which requires a minimum 25' hose. I'm literally at a cross road.

Latest posts

Back