Does this have everything I need to start kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also what is the difference between pin lock and ball lock? Is one better than another?

The co2 tank is optional so u have to pay extra for that. A pinlock keg is shorter and a bit wider the ball lock. Really a kegs worth like $60 regulator $50 picnic tap $10 hoses $5 fittings $10.

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/mobile/default.aspx#P37458

With ball lock keg and co2 tank for about $185. I would keep shopping.

Plus im in canada and i think theres better deals to be found in the states

I don't think the tank is optional, if you remove the tank they take $50 off the price. Yes it has everything you need to get started, the connectors are the main difference and that can be overcome by using swivel adapters instead of barbed connectors.

snowtires said:
The co2 tank is optional so u have to pay extra for that. A pinlock keg is shorter and a bit wider the ball lock. Really a kegs worth like $60 regulator $50 picnic tap $10 hoses $5 fittings $10.

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/mobile/default.aspx#P37458

With ball lock keg and co2 tank for about $185. I would keep shopping.

Plus im in canada and i think theres better deals to be found in the states

The co2 tank is included. If you don't want it they take $50 off, that is the option, not that it isn't included for $169. Plus they are having a sale, 15% off this kit. So again is this everything I need to start kegging or do I need more?

According to the ad, aside from adding or opting out on a CO2 tank, the kit includes

- One Pin Lock reconditioned 5 gallon stainless steel keg
- A dual gauge regulator
- A hand held tap
- And all necessary hoses and fittings.

I'm going to go with the last line and say it has everything you need to start kegging (except for some beer and a fridge).

If that turns out not to be the case, I think you should sue Midwest ;)

Cheers!

Yeah i saw the option tab and i didnt even click on it. So given that it comes with then yeah. I would say that should do the trick bi cant think of any other requirements to get started

Back