American IPA Lake Tahoe Very Session IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBrewskie

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
California Ale
Yeast Starter
No
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
No
Batch Size (Gallons)
5 gallon
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Pretty ****ing Light
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
1 week
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
10 Days dry hop with 0.5 ounces of Simcoe, Colombus, and Amarillo
Additional Fermentation
Nope
Tasting Notes
Grapefruit, citrus, Almost like a grapefruit rind, little pine
Here you go, first recipe I have posted. It's good. At only 4% and citrusy, it is going to get killed this weekend in Tahoe.

Grain
4 pounds 2 Row
3 pounds Marris Otter
12 oz Crystal 40

Hops
.5 oz simcoe at 60
.5 oz Colombus at 30
.5 oz Amarillo at 10
1 oz Simcoe at 1
1 oz Columbus at 1
1 oz Amarillo at 1

Whirfloc at 5

Mash for 60 at 148
Sparge at 168

So how'd this one come out? I was just in Tahoe this past weekend...this would have been tasty

I'd think it could've used some dry hopping and a higher mash temp or one of the many ways to create more body in the finish. With that said, I would've happily cruised through the batch with him while saying these things.

I'd think it could've used some dry hopping and a higher mash temp or one of the many ways to create more body in the finish. With that said, I would've happily cruised through the batch with him while saying these things.

It came out very well. I did dry hop with a half ounce of each hop. Keg was gone the first night!

So how'd this one come out? I was just in Tahoe this past weekend...this would have been tasty

Very well. Light bodied, but that was the goal for near 90 degree weather in the sun, but good bitterness. I did dry hop, and it made a huge difference.

McBrewskie said:
Very well. Light bodied, but that was the goal for near 90 degree weather in the sun, but good bitterness. I did dry hop, and it made a huge difference.

I'm going to have to make this one. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back