Air temp. still too high for 1728?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneFeather

Reaction score
I brewed yesterday, and when we were completed the area we were going to ferment was about 68°. I do not know if it was a good idea or not, but I decided to wait in hopes things cool overnight. Unfortunately they have not, can I leave the wort sealed in the bucket for a couple day until the temp. gets down about 60° - 62°?

Suggestions?

1728 has a range of 55-75F. If you want to ferment at lower temperatures, then you'll want to get a reading on the fermenting beer (ambient temp isn't the same). You can always set up a swamp cooler for the start, or until the ambient temp will keep the fermenting beer within the range you want. Either way, would NOT delay pitching the yeast.

Pitch ASAP. Your wort is a culture that bugs and/or wild yeasts will find incredibly appealing. As suggested, get a swamp cooler set up, and get that thing pitched.

Back