So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Introducing a new person to the hobby after my Half Marathon on Sunday!
We're going to do a partial mash Oatmeal Stout that'll eventually be split in to two secondaries for some experientation

Got my first starter going yesterday, going to brew a Blackberry porter tonight. We still have a freezer full of hand picked blackberries from around our house over the summer. Hope it turns out good!

I am quite possibly brewing 1-2 batches this weekend.

We have a 'friends' brew-off at the end of March and i've got a 'Ryan's Face Puncher IPA' kit to get done.

:mug:

Shooting for 2 this weekend, we'll see if that happens though. Gotta get 'em ready for a comp in March. My house IPA (which needs to get added to the database) and the CitrAm in my dropdown are the plan. Just bought my first BB to try out this morning.

It's going to be 65*F and I want to take advantage of a decent day to brew.

Damn! Not here. Probably about 26 here tomorrow but I'm going to give it a go with BM's Centennial Blond racked onto a few pounds of strawberrys. GF likes Arbor Brewings strawberry blond so I'm going to see how this turns out. Might even split it and do half with raspberries.
Got a starter going right now using a jar of 05 from the frig.

Failed to be healthy enough to brew last weekend so I'll try again this weekend. Have a handful of projects to get done tomorrow but if I can do most of them, I'll finally do that double decoction pilsner I've been planning for over a year...

Brewing with the SWMBO saturday. She wants to help after watching a Brewing TV episode in which Keeler brews with his wife. She thinks it will be fun. I made up an easy session beer for "us" to brew.

Planning my second brew, a Brewers Best Holiday Ale kit. Provided I can get the spigot outside the garage flowing, it was frozen last weekend.... :mad:

Kegging a vienna/northern brewer SMaSH, brewing SWMBO's favorite beer, a clone of a local brewpubs' chocolate raspberry stout.

Graff Cider tonight, racking and dry hoping Off Color IPA tomorrow, brewing Imperial Communist Stout on Sunday.

An in house creation...the trial run of it I call "Long Lake Amber"....cross your fingers and then another 5 gallons of my 90 Shilling clone....friggin awesome beer...hands down the best I've done...and a little of topic but relevant....I have always force carbed and pushed the issue ( I'm a skosh impatient)..however I cant say it enough times...these beers are SOOOO much better after sitting on CO2 for 5 + days...amazing difference.

Prost from sunny Johnstown Colorado :mug:

I decided to brew today instead of tomorrow because today only had a 10% chance of rain. As soon as I set my sexy blichmann burner down it started to rain. I moved under the open garage door for cover!

Rough brew day today.

About 20 minutes into my 90 minute mash a cold fog rolled in all of a sudden and it started raining. The fog sucked the heat right out of my MLT like nothing I've ever seen. Dropped about 8 degrees over the next 70 minutes. And I'm in SoCal so it's not like I'm prepared to brew in the rain. I just sucked it up and let it rain all over me and my equipment for the next few hours.

Rain continued right up until I finished cleaning up my equipment, at which point the sun came out to mock me.

finished up my first try with rye yesterday after working 3am-1pm. made for a long day, but i can't think of a better way to end it.

finished up my first try with rye yesterday after working 3am-1pm. made for a long day, but i can't think of a better way to end it.

I did it the other day yesterday. Brewed while shaking off a hangover and then worked 8:30pm - 3am. And then slept through my meeting this morning :D

Latest posts

Back