Vector Assistance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can some one convert the attached png to vector? There is some red lining that needs cleaned up as well. I need this as just a black and white vector image to give to a sign shop for there blotter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Pirate ship.jpg

I'll look at it tomorrow when back at a computer where I can view it and send it off to the sign shop to see if it's good enough for their plotter.

I've used vector magic in the past when I needed something to be cleaned up some. Great little program, don't know if I'd buy it but when your on the road working on something it's a nice help.

I've used vector magic in the past when I needed something to be cleaned up some. Great little program, don't know if I'd buy it but when your on the road working on something it's a nice help.

I have access to it from work otherwise I would never buy it either. I put up the link to it for the free conversions in case anyone needed to try it out for themselves.

I didn't go to work today because my son was sick so I won't get to send it out tomorrow. Is it a True vector? Last time I tried having one converted it wasn't good enough for his plotter. I don't want to spend money on him doing artwork cause it's for a disc golf disc. Just the $10 for vinyl and having it cut.

I use Inkscape and the Path - Trace Bitmap tool. It's really simple and free. You need to play with the values to get the look you're after. For instance, whether you want a smoother representation or a more exact replica. Here's what I came up with from a really quick shot at it.

EDIT: OK, HBT doesn't like SVG file extensions so I changed the extension to zip. It's still a svg though, just modify the extension to svg and you should be able to open it.

View attachment Pirate ship.zip

I didn't go to work today because my son was sick so I won't get to send it out tomorrow. Is it a True vector? Last time I tried having one converted it wasn't good enough for his plotter. I don't want to spend money on him doing artwork cause it's for a disc golf disc. Just the $10 for vinyl and having it cut.

As far as I know it is a true vector image. I actually don't know enough about the program to know how/what it does. I just know my coworker uses it so I remoted into the office to convert your image. From what I can tell it is all vector, I was able to adjust its size without pixelation.

AJ, that is perfectly good for my needs. Is this one more Plotter freidnly than the eps file?
I'll probably just send both and see which he thinks will work best with his machine. Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry, I don't know much about eps.. or svg for that matter. I do know it is 100% vector. You can zoom in all day long and the lines are perfect.

sweet. Thanks everyone. I'll be sure and post a pic of the finsihed disc. Here's the original. I'm not a dragon guy but this is the only one I know of that floats on water (hence the pirtae ship) so I'm using some Extreme Goo Gone (acetone) to remove the hot stamp and using Rit dye to change it. Mine is red not yellow. I'll go with black dye.
2525-large.jpg

Back