JLD612 K Thermocouple issue...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMooBrew

Reaction score
So i've got my panel all set up, thermocouples all wired and plugged in, PID is set to accept a k type thermo couples, but the readings dont make any sense, nor do they change... no idea what is going on or where to start trying to troubleshoot....

I'm thinking maybe the connections are causing a voltage shift and throwing the readings off, but the readings are non reactive when i change the water temperature...

any help? I typically use a PT100 thermocouple for my Sous Vide devices, but the K type had longer leads on it.

So i've got my panel all set up, thermocouples all wired and plugged in, PID is set to accept a k type thermo couples, but the readings dont make any sense, nor do they change... no idea what is going on or where to start trying to troubleshoot....

I'm thinking maybe the connections are causing a voltage shift and throwing the readings off, but the readings are non reactive when i change the water temperature...

any help? I typically use a PT100 thermocouple for my Sous Vide devices, but the K type had longer leads on it.
Any pictures showing thermocouple wiring to PID, PID model?

So I chatted with a engineering friend and discovered that k type sensors aren't linear, they need to be brought to temp and then calibrated. System works great now!

Latest posts

Back