brewing magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajarob

Reaction score
Need a recommendation for a good beginner home brewing magazine. Beginner is the key word here. Something educational but something fun too. SWMBO is commenting on how it's taking me forever to read John Palmer's "How to Brew". I won't admit that I re-read chapters over and over for pleasure. Also she thinks I'm on facebook all day too. Too funny.

For beginner info, listen to some of the Basic Brewing Radio podcasts. SOme are more advanced but many are basic. You can learn a lot from them. I know you asked for readin material... just saying, this stuff is good.

B

Apparently BYO has a free trial issue if you sign up online. Next issue is getting mailed Feb 2nd

I can't recommend BYO enough. They have a beginner's column in every issue that covers a topic in a way a new homebrewer can understand and learn from. The style profile in each issue would be a great introduction to the various styles out there.

Zymurgy is good, too. But I think the regular features in BYO make it a bit more accessible for someone just starting out.

The Basic Brewing Radio podcasts are wonderful as well.

Back