TIG Welders in Minnesota?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonjourmate

Reaction score
Recently got a keggle and was wondering if there were any homebrewing welders in the Twin Cities area who'd like to make some money doing the weld on the coupler, before I take it to some local fabricators. We have a pretty big homebrew community here, so I wouldn't be surprised if any local brewers had the right skills for the job.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. It didn't make sense for classifieds and this seemed like the most appropriate place.

Hopefully someone can help you out. If you need to find someone to weld make sure you ask this one question; Can you guys sanitary weld/back purge my weld? If they give you the deer in headlights look walk... no run out of the shop. Every welder thinks they can weld thin stainless but in reality it is very tricky. You don't want this...
keggle001.jpg

Roger at Metal Joining is certified for sanitary, and higher. All my welds were back gassed welded inside and out. Spike's are only welded on the outside of the kettle.

Dropped my new kettle off last week and had it back the next business day. I had a stainless nut from Bargainfittings welded right to the kettle as well as a SS 'T' for the thermo/sight-gauge welded directly to the coupler on the keg. I also had another 'T' welded to the end port of a RIMS tube I picked up a local club meeting where the seller didn't measure wort temp at the outlet.

Hi guys,

Any other leads on a sanitary welder near Minneapolis? Metal Jointing Labs in Bloomington seems to be shut down. I get a "the number you have dialed is no longer in service..."

Thanks,
Greg

Back