Better bottling bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
now, i don't know about anyone else. But, when i bottle, i hate leaving what i know is an extra beer or so at the bottom (i rarely get too much sediment into my bottling bucket anyways) so, while it slowed down at work, i decided to try and figure this out,
Basically it would do this
new bucket, drill a hole in the bottom to the side.
put an oring onto a nylon flange bushing and insert into new hole.
thread the bushing and screw on a nylon nut tight
fit a short amount of clear tubing to the nylon flange bushing, and have it connect to a valve, and on the end of that valve, have it connect to the wand...
or could just have the bushing connecting directly to the bottling wand? but of course the sugar would get in there first, so you could drain off a bit till the wand starts filling with wort/beer and then take what you drained, add it to the top and bottle as normal.
this is the only thing i could think of to get most of the wort out of the bucket without doing the scary "tip the bucket over to drain more" move.

anyways, here is a quick drawing with my SWEET ms paint skills ahhah

5411518992_c9c5d77163.jpg

I do what wyzazz said, but I have also had the same visions as you my friend...

What I thought to do, though, was just to cut the same size hole as is already in bottling buckets, and attach the same valve at the bottom. Then you can just run a short hose and attach it such that your bottling wand can be vertical. Your idea works too though, just sayin'.

Back