Generic yeast nutrient/energizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_reaper1066

Reaction score
The only yeast products available in the LHBS are packets labeled "yeast nutrient" or "yeast energizer". I have searched for DAP and Fermaid K, but they are not available in New Brunswick. Does anyone have a close idea to what these generic products may contain? Thanks

I know the stuff I have is listed as "Food grade urea."
I'm not sure how you make piss into food grade urine, but this youtube video from the movie "Waterworld" might shed some light on the subject:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only yeast products available in the LHBS are packets labeled "yeast nutrient" or "yeast energizer". I have searched for DAP and Fermaid K, but they are not available in New Brunswick. Does anyone have a close idea to what these generic products may contain? Thanks

I order Fermaid K from this guy off ebay.

He is cheap and fast and if you order more than one thing he will combine shipping.

I always order his yeast as well and if you keep your order around the size of a $13 international prepaid box you save big $$

FLAT FENDER BREWING

Cheers

Nutrient is usually just vitamins/minerals
Energizer is usually DAP, a nitrogen source, and sometimes they add yeast hulls to the mix.

for making mead you want both. I've done good mead with staggered additions of Nutrient and energizer vs. goFerm and Fermaid K

Latest posts

Back