Kegging system questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrizzleFry

Reaction score
I just bought a Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System with Pinlock kegs from Midwest Supplies. They came slightly pressurized, which I thought was a good sign.

I put some water + oxyclean in one of them, closed the lid and started to shake it. Liquid came out of the lid with each shake despite being closed. So I hooked up a CO2 line to pressurize it hoping that would force it to seal. I had to wiggle the lid around to get it to seal but seems to have eventually.

Is this normal? Or should it seal without pressurizing? Is this an indication of a poor reconditioning?

The other one seems to seal better. Well, the lid anyway. The CO2-in pin valve leaks. I looked closely at it and the o-ring has a little gouge taken out of it. I remember from my paintball days that you change the o-ring when you see that. Apparently they didn't bother to test any of this stuff before shipping it out.

We have 31 kegs. Most of them will not seal unless we put pressure on the. Sometimes it takes a lot of pressure (20+) If we need a lower pressure, we just dump the co2 as once sealed, they normally stay sealed.

You also need to get some food grade lubicant. We use it on the rubber and it helps the seal. also, we have had to readjust the seal to get it to seat. Onething you will notice when you have beer in them is that the beer will absorb the CO2. If you think you have a keg pressurised at 10 psi on top of beer (or water), and come back in a couple days, the CO2 is gone. It did not leak but was absorbed.

I normally soak with oxiclean or sun oxgen ( I like the sun product better) overnight. I have an extra keg that I use for cleaning and shoot oxiclean solution through both side(beer our and Gas In) with a hose set up for just cleaning. We can ladder beers with this many kegs, some for a year.

I bought the ball lock dual kegging kit from them. I have kegged 4 brews so far! liquid will come out if you shake it without sealing lid without hit of co2. Today I checked my keg and all my co2 leaked out overnight even though I tested it yesterday. I re filled tank and hooked it back up, everything seems fine now. kegging is so much better and more fun than bottling but there is still a lot to learn. What do you have on tap?

Latest posts

Back