Force carbing question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRIPLEMSU

Reaction score
i am going to be filling my keg with my 1st home brew ale...i have 3 taps right now full of beer...

what should i do to make this last as long as possible until one keg taps-out and i can tap this bad boy.

do i force carb at 30 psi for a few hours then unlatch coupler and let it sit at room temp or on fridge...fridge is at 35 degrees.

do i not carb at all and just seal it and hide in my cellar?

not sure what to do with a brew once it is kegged and i dont want to tap it yet

any information will help!!!

Add just a few pounds of pressure to keep the keg tightly sealed. Then store it at a low temperature to prevent oxydation.

You have several choices! Either store it uncarbed, or use some priming sugar (1/2 the amount you would for bottling) and let it sit at room temperature. In 2-3 weeks, it'll be carbed up for when you are ready. I'd still give it a shot of co2 after kegging, to purge out the o2 and to make sure the lid is sealed.

so if i carb it up and then keep it in the fridge without it tapping it...it will be ok for 2-3 weeks until i want to tap it????

how long do i carb it for (2-3 days 30 psi)???

since you dont care about it being carbonated immediately, dont burst carb it.

if you have room in the fridge, connect the gas to it at regular pressure (12psi or so) and just leave it there. a few weeks later it will be all ready to go.

Back