What boil kettle to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryfrei

Reaction score
Hi i am looking to buy a boil kettle for 10 gallon batches. I am currently doing extract brewing but would like to move into all grain soon. I want something that i can grow with any ideas?

If you want a stainless brew pot not a keggle. I think the best value is a Royal Industries 60 qt. Its basically Northern Brewers MegaPot very nice I have one its heavy duty and will last a lifetime wish I knew about Royal Industries before I would have saved some cash. Instawares has 40 60 80 and 100 qt stainless steel pots http://www.instawares.com/nsf-stainless-steel-stock.rii-royssrspt60.0.7.htm

I really like my Blichmann 15 gal for 10 gal batches. I think its worth the extra $$$:rockin:

If you want a stainless brew pot not a keggle. I think the best value is a Royal Industries 60 qt. Its basically Northern Brewers MegaPot very nice I have one its heavy duty and will last a lifetime wish I knew about Royal Industries before I would have saved some cash. Instawares has 40 60 80 and 100 qt stainless steel pots http://www.instawares.com/nsf-stainless-steel-stock.rii-royssrspt60.0.7.htm

Crap, I paid more than that for my 40 qt.

Very nice pot though. Very thick, especially the bottom.

I am also looking to upgrade my pot . I was looking at getting a nice thick SS pot but the one I was looking at is out of stock so I am thinking about a Keggle

Does anyone have a Keggle and wish they had a nice SS pot instead ?

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I think Morebeer and Jaybird both have SS 26 gal pots with valves (maybe the same exact one) already installed with the nice bottom. Less than $300 shipped. It's a bit bigger than most of us will need for even 10 gal batches, but they don't have an 80 qt version. My only concern is whether or not it is too big for 5 gallon batches.

I'd recommend buying 20gal (80qt). I went with a 60qt and boil overs are very common occurrence. To get 11gal into my carboys, I have to start the boil with ~13.5gal. Throw in a few ounces of whole hops and its dancing on the edge for the first few minutes of the boil. Fermcap is an option, but I just don't like to add non-essentials to my beer (call it my own personal beer purity rule).

+1 keggel Love mine! If you are worried about boilovers, fermencap is great!
$30 keg
$20 valve and dip tube
$45 quality turkey fryer

Back