Chinese Bao

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juvinious

Reaction score
My first attempt at making Chinese Bao, though it came out over sized next time I'll make it more to appropriate size.
Thought I might share here:
Before Steaming:
26458_424477293272_602223272_5120096_2595603_n.jpg

After:
26458_424481708272_602223272_5120159_5342994_n.jpg

Opened Shot (yummy):
26458_424482733272_602223272_5120183_5978261_n.jpg

Ha funny you should post this, I had a yearning yesterday for Baoxi and went and got me some frozen choi yuk pao from the Oriental Emporium, had four for supper. I love them.
Good job, not as neat as they could be but great for a first time making them well done.

What were these filled with? I don't like the bean fillings, only pork and cabbage ones.

Ha funny you should post this, I had a yearning yesterday for Baoxi and went and got me some frozen choi yuk pao from the Oriental Emporium, had four for supper. I love them.
Good job, not as neat as they could be but great for a first time making them well done.

What were these filled with? I don't like the bean fillings, only pork and cabbage ones.

You mean the red bean filling? I wanted to make it with charsiu (bbq pork) but I had none on hand. I used chicken in this one it was quite simple and it came out pretty yummy. Even swmbo (she's chinese) is surprised it came out the way it did. you can pretty much fill it with anything you like, it's so easy. :)

once I got creative and made "cheeseburger bao"... just put some ground beef, minced onion, and cheese in the middle.

It was really good :)

You mean the red bean filling? I wanted to make it with charsiu (bbq pork) but I had none on hand. I used chicken in this one it was quite simple and it came out pretty yummy. Even swmbo (she's chinese) is surprised it came out the way it did. you can pretty much fill it with anything you like, it's so easy. :)

No, not red bean, I don't like those bean fillings.
It was basically pork mince.
The nicest ones are pork mince and cabbage, very tasty.

Latest posts

Back