Looking for a decent Watermelon Wine Recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That_Tyler_Guy

Reaction score
Hey all, new here and curious as to if anyone has a decent recipe for watermelon wine... I'm new to the game, so tips and tricks, constructive criticism, and opinions about whether or not its a good idea for someone who has only a few wines under his belt, are all valid. Thanks in advance, and bring it on!

There are several threads on this forum that have discussed watermelon wines. Do a search and start reading!

If watermelon wine is anything like strawberry, it is a very delicate flavor. Watch what you put in, anything can affect the flavor.

I have read a few, and they don't really discuss the recipe per se, they more touch on what you did about flavour or OG/SG. Mind you I didn't read them all... Will continue my search, thanks!

That_Tyler_Guy said:
I have read a few, and they don't really discuss the recipe per se, they more touch on what you did about flavour or OG/SG. Mind you I didn't read them all... Will continue my search, thanks!

I'd go for an OG of 1.09 or so.

You'll need several watermelons, don't add any water. I'd add acid blend and grape tannin to taste. 1/2 tsp of pectic enzyme per gallon, 1 tsp yeast nutrient per gallon.

Awesome! That's as close as I've found yet! Lol. Thanks! I did my other wines at 1.090 and found they.had quite the kick, especially my saskatoonberry, the last one we started (blueberry), the guy at the local hobby brews suggested going to 1.080. He said he finds he gets more of the flavour, if not so much alcohol content.

Make sure you add a campden tablet to the must. Also so you don't get the soar taste stick it in the fridge for 24 hours before pitching the yeast.

Back