Flow meter regulator- okay for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I have single gauge co2 regular attached to a flow meter. Will this style regulator work with home kegging? Most ive seen are dual gauge without flow meter.

I have single gauge co2 regular attached to a flow meter. Will this style regulator work with home kegging? Most ive seen are dual gauge without flow meter.

Depends. Is the gauge a high pressure or low pressure? If the regulator will adjust to 12 psi or so you should be fine.

The flow meter -could- be useful if it is a low enough flow. You could use it to detect leaks. I doubt that it would be that low though.

As day_trippr said, you probably have a welding rig. The gauge is most likely high pressure and the regulator is a flow regulator, not a pressure regulator.

You shouldn't have to think very hard about this to realize if there's a flow gauge on a two gauge regulator it's going to be the low pressure side (ok, if you need to think about it, think about how useful a CO2 regulator would be with a high-pressure flow meter and a low pressure gauge).

And a flow meter at the tank isn't going to be helpful in finding a leak unless the leak is huge, in which case you'll hear it before you can read the gauge.

Anyway...there's a decent chance simply swapping the flow meter for a low pressure gauge will make the regulator beer-friendly...

Cheers!

Back