What did I just buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
Liquid Solutions got my $10.50 out of sheer curiosity. If you go to their website, look at the 'beer wall', go down to letter 'I', and there is a beer called Item #2499, it says, " If you have been directed to this page you should already know what Item #2499 is." I don't know what it is, but I am assuming its something special so I bought it....along with a few other beers.:D BTW, if you read my 'rant' about them a while back - I did receive the beer!

Dude, I'm in for two of them. I ordered several other bottles as well. I'm glad you posted, as I was unaware of this site and their impressive Wall of Beer. There were a few that they have that I've been wanting to try -- like the Mikkeller Black Hole and EKU 28.

We'll have to compare notes when our orders of the Item #2499 come in.

Hate to tell you guys, but it's a six-pack of Zima for guys who are too embarrassed to pick it up at their local store. :D

Sweet. Gonna go and up my order!

Good one, the_bird. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder what a "black and tan" type mixture would be like made with EKU 28 and Zima. I figure either the Zima would jump out of the glass crying like a little girl or the EKU would kill itself to escape the horror.

Liquid Solutions got my $10.50 out of sheer curiosity. If you go to their website, look at the 'beer wall', go down to letter 'I', and there is a beer called Item #2499, it says, " If you have been directed to this page you should already know what Item #2499 is." I don't know what it is, but I am assuming its something special so I bought it....along with a few other beers.:D BTW, if you read my 'rant' about them a while back - I did receive the beer!

Landhoney, you thrill seeking madman. Is there no limit to what you'll do for that adrenalin rush? :D

You gotta post a pic of you drinking the beer. In your wildest extreme sport outfit of course. :rockin:

Sweet. Gonna go and up my order!

Good one, the_bird. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder what a "black and tan" type mixture would be like made with EKU 28 and Zima. I figure either the Zima would jump out of the glass crying like a little girl or the EKU would kill itself to escape the horror.

LMAO just because that's quotable.... thanks for the laugh

Landhoney, you thrill seeking madman. Is there no limit to what you'll do for that adrenalin rush? :D
You gotta post a pic of you drinking the beer. In your wildest extreme sport outfit of course. :rockin:

I am pretty hardc0re. The only hints: its from Oregon; and they list DFH Immort Ale, Midnight Sun Obliteration III, and Dick's Rock Lava Porter as "Consider these too"
For instance if you click on Great Dive Old Ruffian they suggest you try Oak Yeti, GD Double IPA, and regular Yeti. But when you pick a Fantome, it suggests two other Fantome's and Hair of the Dog IPA2! So I'm not sure if they just list similar beers to the one you selected.

Any guesses? Something interesting from Oregon?

Mine has (apparently) shipped and is estimated to arrive tomorrow, but FedEx has nothing more than receipt of information from the shipper. As curious as I am about what item #2499 is, I'm looking forward my first EKU, my first Black Hole and whatever else the fark I ordered.

So, did the mystery beer arrive yet? I almost bought one myself last week, but the shippping was rediculous.

I see they're not listed any more.

Their trick to get rid of their last bottle of Zima worked.:rockin:

They have not arrived yet. Not sure how many saw my rant a while back, but they didn't confirm my order so I thought they were 'selling' stuff they didn't have. But they finally sent me shipping confirmation, and it arrived the next day - but was shipped earlier in the week. I am hoping that they are just taking a while like last time and my beer will arrive shortly - need to check my creditcard statement to see if I was charged.

It's not there any more. I called and asked. They said it was a typo for the last dusty old bottle of this stuff from 1979.

240px-Colt45.JPG

Well its was shipped, maybe I'll put in a real phone call and see what I got, they can't cancel shipping once it leaves their facility right?

The suspense is a killer!!

It is pretty fun, almost worth the ten bucks just for the anticipation/excitement. Maybe I won't check this thread to find out what it is when BakerStreet gets the beer, and wait until mine arrives......maybe not. ;)

Wow! Good detective work. Clouseau would be proud, oh wait . . .landhoney, I admire your restraint, but I couldn't resist. I will give a full report on tasting, but will wait until the beers out of the bag on landhoney's end.

I didn't wait :D Pretty cool, I was very suprised. I guess I'll be buying more 'item#.......' in the future now that I know it probably won't be colt 45, but rather some hard to find beer.

I got my shipment. I feel a bit bad for snagging two of item #2499, now that I know there were only 6 put up and I was not (at the time) a member of the Aleuminati. Oh well.

Put one of each of my order in the fridge. Not sure when I will break into the first bourbon aged imperial porter. Seems like something worth sharing so I will probably wait until there are appreciative tasters around before I crack it. Will probably put the other one away for 1/2 to 2 years.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to bust open my first Black Hole on Sunday when I'm brewing my first RIS -- though given sufbrewer's warning, I will probably wait until the end of the brew session.

Back