super champion poppet problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
The poppets will not seat properly. they seem to be too short, when I disassemble them they don't seem to be broken. that configuration seems to work on all of the other super champions I have, any ideas?

image.jpg

I keep a bunch of the universal poppets in my beer parts drawer. I've had several kegs that had the same problem you described. After swapping poppets and multiple trips to the LHBS, I said 'screw it' and ordered a crap load of the universals on line. Never looked back.

I almost ordered some of those (wish I did) but I heard they restricted flow. I'm guessing you are not running into that problem. Any more ideas, my patersbier needs to be kegged ASAP.

What about seating it on top of a stainless washer to get some more height?

Sometimes the little "feet" on the bottom of the poppet get bent flat. Bend them back to 90 degrees and the poppet will sit higher. I had a keg like this once and the only way to get the poppet high enough was to use 2 dip tube o-rings and some keg lube. It held pressure fine. You might be better off with a universal poppet.

Back