The Dude Rocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ORLY.jpg

Dude scored me almost the entire 10 gallon AG system from Norther Brewer for $75. (missing some hose and 1 ball valve). That's almost $200 worth of gear for $75.

I will absolutely kiss his ass in return for that favor, not to mention the fact that he is delivering it to me here in NC!

You guys are just jealous. :)

-walker

Walker-san said:
Dude scored me almost the entire 10 gallon AG system from Norther Brewer for $75. (missing some hose and 1 ball valve). That's almost $200 worth of gear for $75.

I will absolutely kiss his ass in return for that favor, not to mention the fact that he is delivering it to me here in NC!

You guys are just jealous. :)

-walker

Good score. So what exactly does this system include? We're gonna have to think about getting a high-quality grain mill. Maybe go in 50-50?
Jeff

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Good score. So what exactly does this system include? We're gonna have to think about getting a high-quality grain mill. Maybe go in 50-50?
Jeff

Guys, this dude that I'm getting the AG kit from also has a grain mill. Let me see if that is still available. It is a Schmidling, not familiar with the brand. Read the description below, let me know if you are interested.

FWIW, here is the descriptions of what the guy has left. If anyone is interested I'll tell him to hold the stuff.

30 Quart Stainless Steel Pot (Northern Brewer Item #7303) – $35 or best offer – lid is notched for immersion chiller.

Stainless Sparge Arm (Northern Brewer Item #7575) – $20 or best offer – fits 5 gallon round cooler (never used)

Schmidling Maltmill (Northern Brewer Item #7502) – $50 – Wood base needs to be replaced.

Brew Belt (Northern Brewer Item #7054) – $5.

Dude said:
Guys, this dude that I'm getting the AG kit from also has a grain mill. Let me see if that is still available. It is a Schmidling, not familiar with the brand. Read the description below, let me know if you are interested.

FWIW, here is the descriptions of what the guy has left. If anyone is interested I'll tell him to hold the stuff.

Dude, I'd be interested in the Schmidling malt mill if it is still available.
Jeff

I guess I didn't realize there would be so much interest in the stuff...I'd have posted the rest of it earlier. I ended up getting a 70K burner and 2 immersion chillers. I might sell one of them eventually but I want to devise some type of pre or post chiller for summer use. Last time I brewed I couldn't get my wort under 90 degrees. Damn ground water is already 87. Unreal.

I looked at the Schmidling mill on NB and that actually goes for over $100. BostonBrewin' is gettin' a steal!!!! :ban:

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
So what exactly does this system include?

Two round 10 gallon rubbermaid coolers, 2 weldless bulkhead fittings, one brass ball valve, one barb hose fitting, stainless false bottom, and Phil's Sparger. To get the kit back to "complete" as sold by Norther Brewer, I need to get some high-temp hosing, another ball valve, and another barb fitting.

Just one of those coolers alone costs over $50. If I batch-sparge to get started with AG, I don't even need to 'fix' the second cooler (valve and fitting).

-walker

Walker-san said:
Two round 10 gallon rubbermaid coolers, 2 weldless bulkhead fittings, one brass ball valve, one barb hose fitting, stainless false bottom, and Phil's Sparger. To get the kit back to "complete" as sold by Norther Brewer, I need to get some high-temp hosing, another ball valve, and another barb fitting.

Just one of those coolers alone costs over $50. If I batch-sparge to get started with AG, I don't even need to 'fix' the second cooler (valve and fitting).

-walker
I bet that stainless false bottom is more than $50.00! You will make up this expense in no time with what you will save in ingredients. Especially if you buy your grain in bulk.

RichBrewer said:
I bet that stainless false bottom is more than $50.00! You will make up this expense in no time with what you will save in ingredients. Especially if you buy your grain in bulk.

The GRABASS crew has bulk buying power. There are 4 of us, and we've done hops already. Two of us bought DME in bulk. Three of the four are all on the verge of going AG like the Baron, so we'll probably end up buying base grain in bulk, too.

-walker

Walker-san said:
The GRABASS crew has bulk buying power. There are 4 of us, and we've done hops already. Two of us bought DME in bulk. Three of the four are all on the verge of going AG like the Baron, so we'll probably end up buying base grain in bulk, too.

-walker
You are going to love how much money you will be saving!:mug:

Walker-san said:

-walker

You'd need some kind of large container to hold water though--so it would be much easier to just get that cooler in working order right away. You really should fly sparge anyway....at least a couple of times..... :D

BTW, I have not talked to the guy about picking it up yet--I'll let you know as soon as I do. He isn't giving them to anyone else though.....

Dude... I have not forgotten about paying you. :)

It's just been hectic here for a few weeks with work and moving. I should have the money wired to you in the next few days, but you'll need to send me your paypal email address again. I accidentally deleted in while cleaning out my PMs.

-walker

Walker-san said:

It's just been hectic here for a few weeks with work and moving. I should have the money wired to you in the next few days, but you'll need to send me your paypal email address again. I accidentally deleted in while cleaning out my PMs.

-walker

Man, he took that stuff to the dump. And called you a bum. "Dirty bum," actually.

AH! I found a post-it in my laptop bag that had the paypal address on it.

Payment has been sent.

-walker

Walker-san said:

-walker

I must have missed this post...sorry I didn't send you the address. Oh well, got the payment--I just checked.

I can't wait to get the stuff out of my garage. :)

Back