Help! I think I racked and carbonated to early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kowalzac

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and I just racked my 3rd batch, a summer Wheat from my keg I use for secondary and it tastes yeasty. I had it in primary for 6 days and secondary for 6 days. I put it under CO2 and chilled for 1 day. The beer has a strong yeast taste so I cleaned my secondary and re-racked. I put the keg back in the fridge under CO2 hoping that it will clear. Should I take it out of the fridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wheats are my favorite type, so i have a little experience with them. leave it in the keg, under pressure and chilling, for a week or so. being a wheat, it's meant to be drank without any aging. you ought to be able to drink it a week after carbing/chilling. at this point, leave it alone.

yes, it will, but wheats are ok to have yeast floating in them. that's the way they were designed. a decent wheat should be a little cloudy. besides, yeast is vitamin b-complex anyway, so cloudy beer is good for you (or at least that's what i tell swmbo)

Back