What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surly Furious clone (NB kit), 6 weeks old. My wife loves the piney aroma and flavor that was too much for me but it's finally mellowing out.

My Honey Ale. Finished so low,but manages great body,honey flavor with a mild tart lemon citrus finish."Turned out bigger than intended due to the low FG finish.:drunk: One and done with this one holy ****zerfield already now. Only has slight alcohol aroma/taste- pretty proud of it really for a first 30% honey brew its about max and next time probably 20% honey with some other malt character to stay more beer like. Its a nice front stage for Honey in an ale,but barely staying ale-ish.

punkrockdave said:
How's that treating you? I really don't care for the majority of there beers.

I like it. We went on a bus tour through that part of the country last year and this was one of my staples during the trip. Hadn't drank one since then.

Yards Cape of Good Hope IIPA.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

I don't know how you guys are drinking red hoptober. I think It's terrible. It was better when it was just hoptober.

Tiber_Brew said:
I don't care for most of their beers either. There are many people here in MI that are excited to get NB beers now, though.

Only had a few of theirs myself, but I noted that while I positively loved Fat Tire, the 1554 was pretty underwhelming.

Sampled a small bit of my enamel stripper DIPA it is insane !!! 116 IBU death seriously very good I'm going to post the recipe though I may tweak the malt a small bit more before I do that.

Stone 16 Anniversary IPA. A good double to have ocassionally.Slightly different-the lemon seems to give it slightly a (strange- maybe synthetic-like) quality about it-thats what seems to make it differnt but not really in a bad way.Hoppy as all hell of course also.Mild slick noticable sweetness but thats blown away with hoppy bittering. Nice though. Prettty shure Id just rather a Reuination though. Rather. Or an oaked Arrogant. Its gotta be a challenge to top their best beers, but all that experience shure gives them time to do so. It remindes me of marriage and how I would like to brew an over the top beer every anniversary after I officially get married(one of these days).:) And trying to "spice it up" in the bedroom. Eww. NOw Im just thinking too much.Beer alawys does that-though,ha,ha.

Dogfish Head pumpkin, first time. It was good beer though I was left wanting something.... something pumpkinesque.

I've only had two pumpkin beers and the Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin ale in a 22 ounce left a lasting, positive effect on me.

Fruit delight cherry ale. Delicious! Just cracked the keg tonight, and I'm about 4 pints into it.
I added a full bottle of cherry extract at kegging, and now I'm getting just the slightest hint of cherry note after 2 weeks of conditioning.
A good, hoppy flavour on the front side, and clean finish with very little after taste on the back side.
This one's a keeper.

Enjoying a Kilt Lifter this evening while entering a Habanero Sculpin Clone recipe in to BeerSmith. Gonna brew this early Saturday morning and can't wait to sample.

My Memorial Ale, Pale ale with black pepper infusion. 1.3 oz peppercorn added @15 min, left in fermenter. Easy to drink more than one.

My cascade pale ale. It's the last few glasses, until my other pale ale finishes fermenting. I need to brew again soon, because I'm down to 4 cases in my pipeline. Maybe I'll do a Hefeweizen next, or a furious clone.

Back