Help! What to do with a busted pin lock keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeICR

Reaction score
I've got an old pin lock that leaks from around the lid (a lot). I received it this way (for free). I've tried keg lube, I've swapped lids, I've used extra fat O rings, and even tried to bend the mouth of the keg to seal. Nothing works. I'd like to use it, as I don't want to buy a new-to-me one. What do I do? Can I weld the lid shut? Would I have to convert it to a sanke?

Have you tried a massive amount of pressure? I had one that would leak like that so I hit it with 100psi and it sealed. I left it for a couple weeks. I'm not sure if the pressure retweaked the lid or the o ring got smushed into the proper shape to seal. But it seemed to seal fine after that ( still needs 10 psi to seat the lid)

Unfortunately, yes, I've tried that. Liquid actually leaks out the lid, so the size of the leak lets all the pressure out.

Back