Anyone use fluoride?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
So i heard that cavities are on the rise for kids who only drink bottled water. I figured since all I drink is beer then I should add fluoride to my brews so that I can get drunk and fight cavities simultaneously.

If you are using tap water it likely already has fluoride in it. So maybe the lesson is that kids should be drinking homebrew instead of bottled water.

Fluoride eats concrete. Don't trust the FDA...

+1

I used to work for a municipal water company... this stuff is nasty and highly toxic. It is used in very low levels in municipal tap water (mandated by the feds in nearly every state if I'm not mistaken). I'm not even sure you can order the stuff it is so dangerous and I would not even consider putting it in beer.

i dont use tap water in my house. it failed on one of the components but they told me in a letter it was nothing to be concerned about. BS. needless to say, i use spring water. at least until i move.

Back