Decisions, decisions....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amiaji

Reaction score
I found a store close to the house with a decent beer selection so I came home with these:

Beer9.jpg

From right to left: Samual Smith's Taddy Porter, Stone Pale Ale, Hobgoblin, Rogue Mocha Porter, Anchor Steam, Murphys Stout.

The question is which one do I start with. I have read about these beers but have never had any of them. Also here is the list of beers they have available. Any suggestions on what I should try next time? I am a porter/stout kind of guy.

If you're going in tasting order in terms of what you'll be able to perceive, I'd go:
Anchor Steam
Hobgoblin
Stone IPA
Taddy Porter
Mocha Porter

And then I'd put the Murphy's away from another day so you don't have to be disappointed. :)

The Anchor Steam is gone. Not too bad but a bit too fruity for my tastes.
Decided to go with the Stone Pale Ale (not the IPA) next.

Edit:
Stone PA down. Not bad but not really what I like in a beer.
Hobgoblin next.

Edit2:
Not sure what to make of the Hobgoblin. Has a good flavor but the aroma reminds me of fingernail polish??
On to the Taddy Porter.

WHOA! settle down there chief! love me some rasputin! i've never had the terrapin but the double choc is classic for the choc stout style. left hand is a great milk stout, a little different then mackeson's XXX. i've got a 2 hearted clone on tap right now. for a lot of people it's there fav IPA. and the dead guy has always been a winner with me. NICE HAUL!!! :mug:

Started with the Terrapin. Was a pretty good PA with a twist. Will be having that one again.
Next was the Dead Guy. Finally a beer that lived up to the hype. It was a very good beer and is definately on the clone list.
Now drinking the Two Hearted Ale. It is very good for an IPA. I am not a hop head but this one is pretty good. The aroma says IPA but the taste isnt so over the top like most I have tried.

Latest posts

Back