How many beers do you guys drink a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many beers a day do you drink.

• 1 Beer a day but only a couple times a week.

• 1 beer a day

• 1-3 a day

• 3-6 a day

• 6-9

• 9-12

• You dont count high enough!

• It's personal.

Results are only viewable after voting.

C3Candy

Reaction score
On average how many beers do you guys drink a day? I'm just curious. I drink 1-3 on average.

Lets say this is your weekday average :cross:

I usually have 2 pints a night during the work week and on the weekends it varies like today is day 2 of the 3 day weekend and I have had 5 along with some single malt scotch i helped the local craft distillery make. the night is young as well :drunk:

Umm, as a college student, I vary. Weekdays I probably average 3...some days none, some days one or 2 for breakfast then maybe 3 at night. Weekends are sometimes erm, a lot.

Define "beer" some nights, 5 x 200ml tasters, other nights, 5 x 500ml pints......I try to keep to the tasters during the week.

I haven't put in a vote, because the poll is quite limited.

I'd have said, 1 or 2 once or twice a week, some weeks none and then from 4 upwards at the weekends.

I was drinking a hell of a lot more and had to cut back, at one point I was drinking from 4-6 pints every evening and some evenings spirits, depending on what I had there, that needed to change and it has considerably.

I now drink about a fifth of what I used to drink.

Having a tap makes it hard to judge amount. Sometimes I only pour a half-glass. I usually do this intending to go back and pour another half glass when that is empty. It helps keep the beer fresh in the glass. But I often don't go back for more.

I say about 1 beer a night on weekdays. On weekends maybe 3 per day.

Well before SWMBO, at least three per day. After the griping and nagging, I'm lucky to get in one... The tap is getting set up, so I think that may levy the action a little bit.

Used to be 3-5/night usually when I first got the kegerator setup. Currently maybe 1 a night if I have any. Right now I'm not really crazy about either beer on tap. One is the second keg of a blonde that got fermented way too high when my fridge died (think Apple cider blonde) and another is my very first lager...that didn't come close to fermenting out and is way too sweet. The blonde will get drank. The other may get half bottled for cooking and the other half dumped.

I said 1 a couple days a week- right now I have no tap set up and I've been working out alot...so...yeah...that kind of replaces my drinking. I'll have a whiskey or something else more often than beer, at the moment...

I normally do not drink during the work week. I'm to busy for that and also being health conscious I don't need the extra calories everyday. On the weekend that depends what's going on.

So far I have found my friends, family and coworkers consume more of my beer than I do.

some, but sometimes none. the number varies too greatly to keep track of. anywhere from 1-8.

usually no more than one at a sitting, and 2 or 3 a day - but, some days, none. Rarely, more.

1 a day (usually with my dinner) on the week days. Saturday night I play guitar with a buddy and have several. Sunday (if it's football season) I'll have 2 or 3.

One or two a night but I skip a lot of days depending on what is on tap and what I'm doing that night. Weekends typically are more than that on one or two nights.

Once again you need to define what you are drinking. For example I could drink way more natural lights than I could Rochefort 10s (or Samuel Adams even). One guy drinking Rochefort may say 1-2 while the guy drinking light beer 6-8 or more. You can't really compare the two so the data kind of gets mixed up unless you are asking pure volume then you might as well ask how many glasses of anything you drink a day.

Does it really matter what alcohol content each of the beverages contains? I mean, I could drink 3 and someone twice my size could have substantially more with similar effect. I think the idea may just be to see how often people crack one open on a semi-regular basis. I haven't seen much request for quantifiable data.

You could always ask how many calories from beer people are consuming. But I think the OP just wanted to share simple numbers.

Meh, I lately have been way beyond counting. Tuesday morning, I looked at the recycling bin in the garage and was blown away. My friend and I filled it up and there was a cashed sake 1.75 sitting on top!!!

The liver is evil and must be punished.

Does it really matter what alcohol content each of the beverages contains? I mean, I could drink 3 and someone twice my size could have substantially more with similar effect. I think the idea may just be to see how often people crack one open on a semi-regular basis. I haven't seen much request for quantifiable data.

You could always ask how many calories from beer people are consuming. But I think the OP just wanted to share simple numbers.

Meh, I lately have been way beyond counting. Tuesday morning, I looked at the recycling bin in the garage and was blown away. My friend and I filled it up and there was a cashed sake 1.75 sitting on top!!!

The liver is evil and must be punished.

I understand what you are saying, it is just for fun, but I do believe the amount of alcohol a beer has will have a direct correlation on how many I drink and I assume so for others as well. Therfore the quantity can change and vary based on alcohol content. This is comparing myslef to myself depending on what I am drinking, not to another person.

what a bunch of sallys! cept for Jonk;) 3-6 on average. weekends I drink a ****ton!

I usually have one a night during the week, sometimes two, then on Saturday's I'll drink for a better part of the day while watching football. Sunday's I usually take the day off.

I'm with JonK and Joos, 3-6 during the week. My tap is 7 feet from my couch (I just measured it). Before I started home brewing I lived in New Jersey and would go through a keg of Yuengling every 30 days easy.

Apparently I'm in the "upper" range of the group. I drink anywhere from 3 to 8 on any given night. There is no such thing as "weekend" in my world, so there's never a big binge day of the week. My days off I brew, so I try to drink less (to many brewdays with unanswered questions resulted from drinking-while-brewing...DWB). Until I'm done brewing. Then it's like any other evening.

Latest posts

Back