Sanyo 4912 for Ferm Chamber and Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoldb1

Reaction score
I was curious is anyone uses their Sanyo 4912 as both a fermentation chamber and a kegerator, ofcourse not at the same time. At this point I am only making one batch at a time so I think this could work. I could ferment in the Sanyo with a Johnson controller and then convert it into a kegerator once fermentation is complete. I know this will involve moving cornys back and forth, but I don't have room for a chest freezer at this point.

Does anyone else do this?

Only problem I see is you will have to drink all the beer on tap to be able to brew another. No way to build up your pipeline and have one on tap while brewing others. That being said if you are fine not having a beer on tap for a month or so then go for it.

Doesn't that then defeat the reason of having a kegerator?

My point was that if I do have a corny full of home brew in the kegerator and I get the itch to brew something else, I could always just bottle the remainder of my brew that's in the keg.

ok i gotcha now. I say if you have the funds and the room get a 2nd mini fridge for dedicated frementor. I guess that's cause I like having 2 beers on tap at all times.

Back