Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opus_X

Reaction score
Tonight while in the grocery store I saw a seasonal brew from Terrapin Brewery located in Athens, GA. I've had Terrapin brews in the past and really liked them, so I picked up a 6 pack. (Terrapin brewed Big Hoppy Monster which I really liked, and they currently have a brew out called the Hopsecutioner)

Anyway, (from the side of the bottle) the Moo-Hoo Stout uses cocoa nibs and shells from Olive and Sinclair Chocolate Company. It doesn't say how they are used.

When I opened the bottle there was a definite hops aroma, which surprised me. The beer drinks really smooth and has a definite chocolate tint, making it pretty sweet. There is a bitter finsh. Overall, I like this beer.

One of these days I'm going to get over to Athens and see if I can tour the brewery.

I like Terrapin, especially their monster brews, but this one is gross. "Chocolate" flavor in beer should be a flavor coincidental to the roasting of barley - not actual chocolate.

Terrapin is good beer, also check out the Sweetwater tour!! It's awesome!

I had Hopsecutioner a few weeks ago at Taco Mac's in Suwanee

I like Terrapin, especially their monster brews, but this one is gross. "Chocolate" flavor in beer should be a flavor coincidental to the roasting of barley - not actual chocolate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I find this beer a great accomplishment.

Back