How much Gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I can get 6 if it's just 5 gal batches. When I started my last batch the tank felt empty, but I managed to make it through just fine. I've got a 2nd tank, too.

Hard to tell because I BBQ as much or more than I brew. 2 tanks last me about a month between the burners and BBQ.

I've gotten 5 boils out of my current 20# bottle and can probably get one more. However I heat the mash and sparge water on the stove so this is only for the boils.
Craig

i have a 17 lb tank and it has lasted about 4 batches, but i also use it to heat water for my mash tun, then i heat water for my mash in, then i will do some decoctions with it, then turn around and heat 3-4 more gallons for spargining then use it to boil wort for an hour. this is just about every batch i make. i didnt think i was going to make it threw my last batch this weekend but it did im pretty sure it needs to be refilled by now lol.

Back