March Swap ~ RICLARK's Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crimson Ale

Pours a nice reddish brown. Massive head that lasts a long time. Appears to be over carbonated (about the same as my IPA). A little hazy.

Nice rich malty and sweet aroma

Flavor - malty, sweet, full bodied, some carbonic bite from the over carbonation. A little less CO2 and this would really rock.
Mild hop flavor and well balanced bitterness.

Very enjoyable and easy to drink. Would be even better with a little less carbonation. I love the maltyness of this beer.

Craig

CBBaron said:
Crimson Ale

Pours a nice reddish brown. Massive head that lasts a long time. Appears to be over carbonated (about the same as my IPA). A little hazy.

Nice rich malty and sweet aroma

Flavor - malty, sweet, full bodied, some carbonic bite from the over carbonation. A little less CO2 and this would really rock.
Mild hop flavor and well balanced bitterness.

Very enjoyable and easy to drink. Would be even better with a little less carbonation. I love the maltyness of this beer.

Craig

Thanks man, I primed with DME and used 1 1/2 cups Ill try less next time.

Old Town Steam

Nicely carbonated, light amber color, slight chill haze. Pours a nice head that slowly dissipates.

Slight caramel malt aroma. Some yeast esters.

Taste has some caramel flavors, mild hops flavors and a noticeable lager characteristic.

A think this is not a bad example of a California Common. It is not a favorite style of mine so I am having a hard time giving constructive feedback. I enjoyed the beer but it doesn't make me want to look for more examples of this style.

I think the hops and malt flavors are very well balanced, however the lager type characteristics are too strong for my tastes. This may be to style but i am not familiar enough with the style to comment.

Craig

rick, i agree with the baron on the crimson ale but mine was not overcarbed at all if anything it was undercarbed ie not much head but good lacing throughout the drinking session. just slightly on the malty side of balanced but overall a very drinkable brew, wish your kid hadn't tossed the others:D

eriktlupus said:
rick, i agree with the baron on the crimson ale but mine was not overcarbed at all if anything it was undercarbed ie not much head but good lacing throughout the drinking session. just slightly on the malty side of balanced but overall a very drinkable brew, wish your kid hadn't tossed the others:D

No worries, I have a old Town steam with your name on it and I re filled your flip top with my imperial Hefe so you will have 2 brews next time I come down.

Latest posts

Back