Moving the fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cregar

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quick question... While I'm fermenting the beer, would it hurt to be moving it around. Since I live in Phoenix, I want to keep the carboy in my bathroom shower (cooler and darker then the rest of the apartment) but of course I would need to move it out of the bathroom when I shower.

Will that mess the beer up (off flavors, etc.)?

Thanks for the help

Cregar

Well, as long as you're careful, it shouldn't hurt the beer. Moving it around will kick some yeast up, but that won't be a problem if you give it time to settle before bottoling or use a secondary. I wouldn't worry about oxydizing it to much, as there's probably not much other then CO2 in there as long as you keep an airlock in it.

...But do you really want to move it that much? It'll be alot tougher on you then the beer.

Not a problem, just be careful; more Americans hurt their beer in the bathroom ...

Or something like that.

david_42 said:
Not a problem, just be careful; more Americans hurt their beer in the bathroom ...

...than any other country?
...than any other fermented beverage?

nice, the Arizonans are catching up with you north carolina guys

as for the question....just try not to slosh it around at all and you're fine

Hitting the proper temps in AZ is hard. But I just used the cooler-water-fan method an hour ago and the beer is already down 10 degrees.
Good luck.

Back