cheapest beer in pry off bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some empy bottles for homebrewing. I was wondering what inexpensive beer comes in pry off bottles that I can get a case of from the store. I would also like it to be somewhat drinkable.

Thanks!!

Is Budweiser original pry off? It's only $15 for a case of 24 here. That's the same price my lhbs is selling empy bottles for. Might as well get free beer with it.

Browse the store and see which ones are pry-off. I don't think any "cheap" beers are going to have it, and some micro-brews have changed to twist-offs too.

Maybe ask a bar or store to sell you returnables? In Michigan, I can walk into nearly any place that sells beer and get empties for the price of deposit (.10).

Bud American Ale are really nice pry offs...the beer is surprisingly drinable and it's about 5.99 in michigan.

large_Budweiser%20American%20Ale%20bottle%20and%20glass.jpg

Michelob has come out with their new "craft" line. I think the Shock Top is ok, not great, it's a belgian white. They also have a bock, pale ale, porter, irish red, and a few others that I have not tried. All of them are pop top, and in my area are about $1.50 less for a six pack that a good micro. Or you can go to your local recycling center and get as many bottles that you'll ever need. Just make sure you clean them well with oxyclean and the bottle brush. Of course then rinse VERY well and sanitize. That way, you can spend your money on good beer.

Miller Lite makes plastic bottles which can be reused for homebrew.

If you're wanting glass I think red stripe is pop top; to give an alternative to all the other guy's suggestions.

If you're wanting glass I think red stripe is pop top; to give an alternative to all the other guy's suggestions.

The trouble is getting the silkscreen of em...I have about a dozen of them, and starsan has only been able to remove the painting on half.

But Nealf's right, they make really cool bottles for homebrew...I'm planning to use them for my Belgians...

Latest posts

Back