Anyone know what these are????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadillac7819

Reaction score
I bought a control box from a local electronics supply store (14X16X6 Nema 4 enclosure for $8.95! Plus it had tons of DIN rails, cable dividers, terminal strips, and 16 ga - 22 ga wires I could re-use).
It also had these compnents in it and I didn’t know if they had any use in my control box. I am a total electronics novice owing any knowledge on the subject exclusively to this forum… so please excuse my naiveté.
Thanks for any feedback!

RIFA PMR 202 MD
40/085/56
RC-UNIT

0,1uF+202ohmX2

250v~SH

image.jpeg

transistor.JPG

Probably used as snubber ckt to prevent negative voltage spike from relay coil. You would use this or a diode to reduce noise if you have sensitive electronics driving a relay.

Nice deal on the enclosure.

it came from an electronics store in Orlando:

Skycraft Parts & Surplus, Inc.
www.skycraftsurplus.com/
2245 W Fairbanks Ave Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 628-5634

That was the only unstripped box I saw but the place is like an episode of hoarders so you never know (and it did have some approriate sized holes pre-drilled). The only issue is that it doesn't have hinges, just screw down calmps on all four sides, so it will be a PITA to finishe the wiring.

I also bought T&J Electric 12x24x6 NEMA 4 locking encloser IN THE BOX for $34.95. They had about 4 more but none in boxes. There are HEAVY so shipping may reduce the cost advantage but and Central Florida Home Brewers should check it out.

T&J Encl..jpg

Latest posts

Back